Hallongrottor – Raspberry Cookies
This is a favourite treat on many a Swedish tea table, and in abundant supply in the konditori (bakery-confectioner-coffee-shops) and supermarkets. I South Africa a similar cookie might be our Jolly-jammers – also available in supermarkets. But there’s nothing to beat home-made!
200 g butter – room temperature
100 ml sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla sugar
1 tsp baking powder
450 ml flour
About 100 ml raspberry jam
- Mix together the soft butter with the sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and carefully add them to the butter mixture.
- Shape the dough into a roll 20 cm long, and let it rest in the frig for a while.
- Cut the roll into 20 equal pieces.
- Roll them into balls, and place them in paper cups.
- Press a hollow into each ball with a floured thumb, and add about a teaspoon of raspberry jam into the hollows.
- Bake at 175˚ for about 10 – 15 minutes
If you make 20 cookies, use paper cups called små cupcakes or muffinsformar. I often make them smaller, and produce 40 cookies in paper cups called småbrödsformar.
I have also seen a recipe that adds en touch av kokos – 50 ml desiccated coconut.