BE HAPPY CHECK-LIST
EXERCISE – it relieves stress, generates endorphins which boosts mood, increases circulation, and helps you keep your weight under control.
EAT BREAKFAST – it prevents you from becoming “hangry”, and helps you to perform. Be sure to include protein!
SPEAK UP – being assertive enhances self-confidence and prevents feelings of helplessness.
DO LESS – don’t overload your plate. Pace yourself by having a plan of action. Try to take time each day to simply BE.
FOCUS ON MAKING MEMORIES – spend money on an experience rather than on buying things. Savour your mental snap shots by putting your best friends, moments, and happy times on the frig door and enjoy them daily.
GO OUTSIDE – go out into the fresh air and connect with nature. Take a brief walk, listen to the birds, and smell the world.
HAVE A HUG – ensure that you have some physical affection in your life. The power of touch is very important for us human beings.
FACE NEW CHALLENGES – do the things on your to-do list. See the people and places you have always wanted to see. Don’t put off tomorrow what you can do today. Explore and discover!
AVOID LATE NIGHTS – plan your bedtime at a civilized time and get at least 7 hours sleep a night. Don’t waste time watching TV, rather rest your eyes. You will recharge your body and mind, and be prepared for the new day tomorrow.
BE GRATEFUL – remember to focus on the all good things in your life. You would be surprised to find how blessed you are.
THE HAPPY DIET
- Eat regular healthy snacks as this will keep blood sugar levels stable.
- Eat less white, refined foods which create an energy and mood high followed by a low. Rather eat whole-grain carbs, protein, and a little healthy fat. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Don’t ever “deprive” yourself: eat a varied diet, change it regularly, and keep it colourful. EAT THE RAINBOW!
THE HAPPY BODY
- Have a happy face: smile – it produces a happy feeling for both yourself and for those around you.
- Have a happy back: ensure good posture, sit or stand up straight, and lift your chin. This will generate positive feelings.
- Ensure happy feet: give your feet a good scrub at the end of the day. Use a foot scrub to scrub away the tiredness and dead skin. This will boost your mood, and please your feet.