Set the oven to 180 ° C
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
Tinned apricots + 3 tablespoons of the juice
100 grams flaked almonds – reserve some for garnishing
100 grams each of flour, soft butter and castor sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1. Butter a flat cake tin, sprinkle evenly with the brown sugar, and arrange the apricot halves cut side up in circles. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds
2. In a food processor mix the flour, baking powder, bicarb, butter, castor sugar and eggs
3. Slowly pour in slowly 3 tablespoons of apricot juice from tin to thin it a little
4. Pour this mixture carefully over the apricots and almonds and spread gently
5. Bake at 180° C for 35-40 mins.
6. While it is still quite warm, ease a spatula around the edge of the tin. Then place a plate on top and shake the cake out. Dust with icing sugar when cool and sprinkle with reserved flaked almonds
Serve with whipped cream.